Sunday, October 12, 2014

Paper Decorations

I love paper Halloween decorations. Some of my favorties are the Beistle paper decorations.


 I remember these from when I was a kid. They are so cool!


When I'm not buying vintage or new paper decorations I enjoy making my own. Today was a craft day for me and I made some paper decorations for both of my son's Halloween party which is in two weeks. I wanted to have a Mad Laboratory theme so using these supplies...


I made these. Not too bad right?


I'll place these around my kitchen counter tops along with the food items.

Making paper decorations is pretty easy. All I use is color card stock, scissors and a glue stick. I first roughly sketch out the idea. And I do mean rough! Then I make templates and use those to cut out the final shapes. I then just glue everything together and add some details. 


You'll notice I outline the shapes in black sharpie to make them standout and to give them a finished look. These take a little time to make, but there's no limit to what you could do. 

Tonight's movie is


No comments:

Post a Comment