Friday, October 3, 2014

Spooky Village


Today my 3 year old and I put up my Spooky Village, which is 13 plus years of seasonal, Lemax and Department 56 collecting. This is always one of my favorite and least favorite things to do at Halloween. And the only reason I don't like it is that I have so many boxes it's hard to dig through them all and pick which ones to set up!


My son is really into setting it up now. At 3 though, he fails to realize these are for looking only. He's unfortunately broken a couple of pieces by accident so I'm constantly having to tell him stop touching this and.that. Once we start putting up the little people, trees and other accessories, though he really gets into it. He's got a knack for placement too. It's fun to see him plot where he'll put the next item. The only problem is he never wants a to leave it alone once it's placed. He'll pick it up and move it, then move it again. Perfectionist? Ah well it's what you get with a 3 year old!


My Spooky Village collection is one of my prized possessions when it comes to my Halloween decor. I buy a couple of new pieces each year. Most years due to limited space, I pick and choose which pieces will be displayed. And every year I set it up without fail. Once it's up as the light and sounds are on, I always wish I could shrink myself down and walk along the streets. I could really live in a town like this!


Tonight's movie is: World War Z

No comments:

Post a Comment